1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, seeded jalapeños
- ½ cup ground cumin
- ½ cup smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to season the sauce
- 16 oz Range Hand USDA PRIME Boneless rib-eye steaks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- ½ cup dry sherry
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, cilantro, jalapeños, cumin, paprika and salt to make a spice mixture.
- Sprinkle the steaks on both sides with about two-thirds of the spice mixture, reserving the remainder to add to the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the steaks (in batches, if necessary) for 5-10 minutes per side (about 5 minutes for medium-rare and about 10 minutes for medium).
- Transfer the steaks to a platter and set them aside. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Combine the broth, sherry, honey, and the remaining spice mixture in the same skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the chilled butter. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve.