How Long to Sous Vide Filet Mignon:
- Sous vide 1-inch thick steak for 1 hour
- Sous vide 1.5-inch thick steak for 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Sous vide 2-inch thick steak for 3 hours
- Sous vide 2.5-inch thick steak for 4 hours, 15 minutes
2 filet mignon steaks 1-inch thick
- ½ stick butter
- Chicago steak seasoning to taste - or sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Generously season filet mignon steaks using with steak seasoning of choice. Patting seasoning onto sous vide filet mignon
- Place the filet in a plastic zip-lock bag and press the air out. Seal tightly.
- Clip the bag with the filet into the inside of a pot of water with the sous vide cooker attached.
- Fully submerge the bag in the water, and cook sous vide for 1 hour at 130°F.
- Remove the filet from the bag and place it on a separate plate. In a skillet over medium heat, melt ½ stick of butter and cook 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic.
- Sear filet on all sides until golden brown, just a couple of minutes per side. Slice against the grain, serve, and enjoy!